A guide to publishing your research writing, reviewing, ethical issues, open access in journal publishing. Publishing research in well-known scientific journals is one way that researchers build a reputation in their community and allow the wide dissemination of their work.
This workshop will introduce best practice tips and hints when writing a paper, highlight the editorial process, and detail the main ethical issues that face authors, reviewers, editors and publishers on a day-to-day basis.
· The academic publishing industry and the publisher’s role
· Measuring research impact
· Choosing the right journal
· Publishing Ethics (authorship, fabrication/falsification, plagiarism) and consequences
· Structure of a research article
· Sharing of research data and other elements
· The peer review process
· Promoting your research